Inventory of Hazardous Materials
As regards of an increased concern about various environmental issues, the focus on the use of non-hazardous materials in ship design, building and operation is increasing for both humans and the organisms (fish, birds, and other living things) in the environment.
a) Preparation of Inventory of Hazardous Materials for existing ships in accordance with the “Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships” (2009 SR/CONF 45), EU Regulation on Ship Recycling EU No. 1257/2013(EU-SRR), IMO Guidelines for the Preparation of Inventory of Hazardous Materials Resolution MEPC.269(68) and Class Guidelines.
b) Preparation of Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) for Vessels with focus on identification of hazardous materials listed in table A and B of MEPC.269(68) plus additional substance PFOS and HBCDD as required by EU-SRR.
Procedures and Monitoring Parameters:
1. Sampling and analysis of Hazardous Materials into ships,
2. Sampling plan preparation and development.
3. Safety process preparation.
4. Analysis for:
- Asbestos analysis,
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Organotin Compounds,
- Ozone Depleting Substances,
- Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOs),
- Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCDD),
- Lead (Pb),
- Hexavalent chromium(Cr(VI)) ,
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs),
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs),
- Polychlorinated naphthalene (PCN),
- Chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs)
- Risk assessment procedures